27 March 2020
- The COVID-19 pandemic is growing around the world. In order to allow paediatric anaesthetists around the globe to get better information, SPA, SPANZA, APA, ESPA and Pediatric Anesthesia are working together to get streamlined information readily available for everyone.Since information is changing very fast, we have decided to use weblinks rather than papers which are out of date in a matter of days.This is hosted on the SPA website here which will be the focus of any updates: https://www.pedsanesthesia.org/covid-19-resources/
- Further useful information can be found on Lit COVID, a curated literature hub for tracking up-to date scientific information about COVID 19. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/research/coronavirus/
- APAGBI have a Twitter feed with information being shared: CLICK HERE to view the Twitter feed.
- UK: The Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, the Intensive Care Society, the Association of Anaesthetists and the Royal College of Anaesthetists have provide a single-stop hub for information on COVID-19, this may be found here: https://icmanaesthesiacovid-19.org
- The Association of Anaesthetists has provided Open Access to the COVID-19 Webinar they hosted last weekend: https://anaesthetists.org
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: Guidelines on the Management of Critically Ill Adults with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). © European Society of Intensive Care Medicine and the Society of Critical Care Medicine 2020
- Pediatric Anesthesiology Guide to COVID-19, Compiled by Jennifer Lau, MD, Fellowship Program Director at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- The Canadian Pediatric Anesthesia Society presents a webinar on ‘COVID-19 and the pediatric anesthesiologist Part 2 – Focusing on Airway and Pain’
- The webinar includes speakers from several continents and aims to answer some of the practical questions practitioners have about practice changes required and an opportunity to survey the landscape of paediatric anesthetists from various continents. Webinar is being run at times to suit US/Canada – so please check your local time before registering.
- CLICK HERE for full details and to register for the webinar
Country specific Information: Australia
- Coronavirus in Australia – case numbers: https://www.covid19data.com.au/
- ANZCA daily updates http://www.anzca.edu.au/front-page-news/covid-19-impact-on-anzca
- Department of Health Australia https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- Department of Health NZ https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- ANZICS (College of Intensivists) https://www.anzics.com.au/coronavirus/
Please take care of yourselves and stay safe!
Britta Regli-von Ungern on behalf of the SPANZA Community
As further information and resources are developed and available, this page will be updated.